P.A.I.N.T.S. Institute cordially invites you to its 2017 Youth Arts Showcase on Sunday, July 30th at the historic Howard Theater. After weeks of honing their visual and performing arts skills, over 50 aspiring young artists from across the District will exhibit their individual and collective visions on the theme of "Fostering a Legacy of Hope and Inspiration."
The P.A.I.N.T.S. Institute is a Washington, DC-based 501(c)3 nonprofit organization that promotes the arts as a catalyst for the healthy development of today’s youth, and enhances their abilities to positively impact their communities. Now in its second year, P.A.I.N.T.S. provides its youth, primarily between the ages of 14-24 years old, with hands-on STEAM (Science, Technology, Engineering, ARTS and Mathematics) based arts programming and activities which are intended to spark their creativity and foster their development.
This year's showcase will feature the presentation of our first annual CreARTivity Leadership Awards. The awardees were selected by a committee of our youth, who were inspired to select recipients who embody creativity, arts, leadership, and serve as enduring role models within the communities they serve. Join us in honoring and celebrating this year's winners:
- Eric Benet: 4 time Grammy-nominated R&B and neo soul singer/songwriter and actor. He is known for the top 10 R&B hits "Spiritual Thang," "Femininity," and "Let's Stay Together," and won the NAACP Image Award for Outstanding Song for his duet "Spend My Life with You" with Tamia.
- Lonnie G. Bunch III: founding director of the Smithsonian's National Museum of African American History and Culture, former president and director of the Chicago History Museum, and former curator of the Smithsonian American History Museum.
- Hill Harper: actor known for his role as Dr. Sheldon Hawkes on CSI: NY, for which he won NAACP Award for Outstanding Actor in a Drama Series; and author of several books, including Letters to a Young Brother: MANifest Your Destiny and Letters to a Young Sister: DeFINE Your Destiny.
- Charlotte Walls: DC community leader and General Manager of Lord & Taylor; she has been a supporter of P.A.I.N.T.S. since its inception, and inspired our new fashion program.
We hope you will consider supporting P.A.I.N.T.S., and more importantly, the youth engaged in our program. We look forward to hosting you at the showcase!
If you cannot attend our event, or wish to support our program in another way, we have several other options:
- To make a tax deductible donation, please refer to this LINKfor more information.
- For Corporate Sponsorship packages and VIP tickets, please contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone at (202) 681-8244.